My passion is creating a positive working relationship with my clients in which they can feel supported and challenged so that they achieve the positive changes that they desire. The unique experience of lesbian identity in a heterosexist culture impacts our sense of self worth, personal power and emotional and physical well being. Attention to development of awareness around
internalized shame as a source of pain and internal conflict is a vital part of therapy for lesbian women and their partners.
- Lesbian Affirming Therapy
- Affirmative Couples Therapy
Relationship issues-communication,fair fighting, emotional and sexual intimacy, parenting and family formation.
- Coming out and relationship issues for LGBT clients
- Questions or conflicts about gender expression and gender identity
- Difficulty coming out to friends, family, community
- Family Consultation regarding parenting kids and teens who are Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, questioning or identified.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
Depression and Anxiety
- Grief and Loss
- Parenting Coaching
- Stress Management
- Recovery from trauma due to spiritual abuse
By looking at your present challenges and where you feel stuck in life, we can understand your past without getting bogged down in it. This enables you to take action to make powerful changes in your thinking and your decision making patterns. You will learn skills that when applied, can help improve your outlook, your relationships and your mental health, for the rest of your life.
Questions? Contact me at 714-390-8189